Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Beetroot n raw banana koftas - low cal

I am not such a big fan of both these veggies. My MIL taught me how to make beetroot halwa and my friend, Nidhi taught me how to make aloo beetroot sabzi.
I had some raw banana and thought of making koftas for dinner. Then I remembered the lovely beetroot koftas i saw on Satya's blog, check the pic and recipe here! I thought of mixing the two together and making them on the tawa like patties.
The koftas turned out tasty!

Recipe-
Ingredients-
1 beetroot shredded
1 raw banana boiled and mashed
1 potato boiled and mashed
1/2 cup besan
Salt and turmeric
Oil for cooking
Mix these together and make patties. You can deep fry them too. I cooked them on tawa with some mustard oil. Keep separate. These tasted good as a snack too!

For the gravy-
1 onion, 2 chopped tomatoes
1 tsp turmeric, coriander and all spice each
1 tsp Ginger garlic paste
Salt to taste
2 cups water
Oil for cooking
Cumin seeds for tempering

Heat oil in a wok. Add tempering, let splutter. Add onions and cook till pink. Add tomatoes and cook, mash with the spatula. Add ginger garlic paste and cook till the raw smell disappears. Now add the dry spices and fry for a couple of mins. Add water and bring to a boil. Now add the patties and simmer gas for a couple of mins. Turn off the gas and let it sit for another 5 mins before serving.
The beetroot adds a beautiful color to the curry and the taste is awesome! Can be served with rice / rotis.
Niket loves rotis especially if it is navadarshan aata!

posted from Bloggeroid

1 comment:

  1. I am glad that you tried the curry. Your version too sounds tempting. Next time when I make I am going to try this version too.

    ReplyDelete