- Cucumbers originated in India !!
- The cucumber (Cucumis sativus) is a widely cultivated plant in the gourd family Cucurbitaceae, which includes squash and melons. The plant is a creeping vine which bears cylindrical edible fruit when ripe. There are three main varieties of cucumber: "slicing", "pickling", and "burpless".
- Having an enclosed seed and developing from a flower, botanically speaking, cucumbers are classified as fruits. However, much like tomatoes and squash they are often perceived, prepared and eaten as vegetables.
- Cucumbers are usually more than 90% water.
Nutritional Profile- Cucumbers provide us with a variety of health-supportive phytonutrients like flavonoids, lignans and triterpenes. Cucumbers are an excellent source of vitamin K, molybdenum, vitamin C, potassium,
magnesium, manganese, and vitamin B5. They also contain the important nail health-promoting mineral silica!
Cucumber for Beauty!!
Cucumber reduces dark circles and swelling around the eyes. After a long day's work, Cucumber eye pads
can be very very relaxing! Cucumber mixed with mint is a very good face pack.
Cucumber paste helps reduce blemishes too. Cucumber and the skin share the same level of hydrogen, it helps in relaxing the skin.
- The dish can be anything -muffins, rice dishes, fired, chutneys or juice but with cucumber as main ingredient.
- The dish can be any course of the meal. (starters / main dish / beverage etc)
- The recipe can be veg or non veg, eggs are allowed in baking.
- The recipes have to be new and no archived entries are allowed!
- Post the recipe in your blog from 14 Dec 2011 to 15 Jan 2012. Multiple entries are welcome!
- Link the recipe post to this announcement page and Priya's announcement page .
- Include the logo as it is manadatory and it helps spread the word.
In case you are not able to link-
Non bloggers can send in your recipe details along with the picture to the above email and I will post your recipe in your blog.
- Participate in the event as per the rules and leave me a comment on this post.
- This is valid only for bloggers in India!
- Follow me on Blogger and tweet about my giveaway!! append with #ambrotos