Saturday, November 19, 2016

Bihari Rasiya

I made this today for dinner. It's Friday night after all ! And I realised this was not on my blog.

Here's the recipe -

Rice - 1 cup
Gur / jaggery  / Brown sugar– 1 cup
Water - 2 cups (I eyeballed this)
cardamom – 1 crushed pod
Ghee 1 tsp

Recipe-
Take jaggery and water and let it boil. Then strain jaggery water and set aside. This is done to remove impurities from jaggery. I don't think this step is needed now. I used brown sugar and did not do this. 
I turned on the Instant pot in Saute mode , added the ghee and cardamom and let it sizzle. I did not use any nuts. If using some, you may want to fry them now before adding the rice and water. 

Add rice and water and brown sugar and keep on saute till it starts bubbling. Keep on 1.5 hours slow cook. Check the sweetness and consistency.Ready to served your highness !



No comments:

Post a Comment