Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Eggless pancakes with warm strawberry topping

I am constantly thinking of how to cook and bake eggless because niket's parents are vegetarians. I read somewhere that soy milk can be a good sub for eggs. Today I subbed soy flour with eggs in betty crocker pancakes and result was good.
Ingredients- (for 4-5 tbsps)
Betty crocker pancake mix 4 tbsps
Soy flour 2 tbsps
Milk 1/2 cup
water 3 tbsps
Oil for pancakes

Mix all ingredients together. Heat a non stick pan, grease it with enough oil to help you flip the pancakes. Pour 2 tbsps batter in pan, wait till it cooks on top and bubbles are formed. Turn over and cook till brown. Cook all pancakes.

To serve, make warm fuit topping. I used strawberries and black grapes.
4-5 large strawberries
1/2 cup seedless black grapes


Wash fruits, slice them and add 1/4 cup water. Cook for 3-5 mins. Mash it with a spatula or spoon. When you see the mixture thickening add a spoonful of honey (or more depending on how sweet you want it). Remove from heat and cool.

Serve this on top of pancakes. Also serve honey separately if you like it that way.

Last time I made apples and green grapes jam, Chandan said some color is needed. Ah, i thought, these artists. So you even want color in food, huh. I was having strawberries and grapes for breakfast with my bowl of cereal and I thought, OK man, here is your color!

No comments:

Post a Comment