Friday, May 15, 2009

Pudina Chutney

I had some left over pudina. I never buy dhania and pudina cos I can never wait to garnish my food. Chandan got it cos he is the perfectionist d he makes awesome pudina raita. I am alone these days with no Niket and no Chandan, and I am sticking to making less-than-20-minute dinners. I made rava idlis but it did not taste well without any chutney to go with it. So i thought I'd give pudina chutney a try. Here goes the recipe:

Ingredients:
1 bunch fresh pudina (mine wa dried)
1 onion and 4 green chillies (vary the green chilly as per taste)
tamarind small ball
1 tablespoon peanuts
¼ teaspoon cumin
½ teaspoon salt, or to taste
Soak tamarind in quarter cup of warm water for about ten minutes to soften, so that it can blend well. Meanwhile wash and pluck the pudina leaves and also tender stems. Peel and slice onion to big chunks. Cut chillies to two pieces and remove stems.

Heat oil ,aAdd cumin for few seconds. Add the onion and chillies. Saute to pale brown. Keep separate.

Put peanuts in food processor and dry grind. Then add the roasted ingredients, pudina, salt and the tamarind along with the water it soaked in. Blend until it is smooth. Enjoy with raagi idli :)

No comments:

Post a Comment