* 2 cups all-purpose flour (mix all purpose, wheat and oats for a healthy version)
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 cup butter
* 1 cup white sugar (use 1/2 cup white, 1/2 cup brown if u like)
* 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla
* 1 1/2 or 2 cups chopped apples (chop some and grate some or you can put them in the processor for 1 min)
* ground cinnamon for flavor 1/2 tsp
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F / use combination in a microwave (4 mins micro, then 180 degrees for 15 mins or so, till top turns brown and a knife in the centre comes clean)
2. In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
3. In a large bowl, beat together butter, sugar and eggs until smooth. Mix in vanilla. Stir in apples, and gradually blend in the flour mixture. Spoon the mixture into a greased baking dish.
4. Bake 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to sit 5 minutes before removing from baking dish. If u r serving them hot, serve with ice cream, yummy.
Use same recipe for banana muffins, instead of apples, add 3 large mashed bananas. bake for 25 mins (keep checking as oven temps may vary) Mix with hand, that is the key to make them softer. I also add some nutmeg for added flavor.