Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Mixed fruit cobbler


For Crust-

This is grape season. And we found strawberries in Big Bazaar for 25 rupees packet! Some of it were left in the fridge and I decided to bake something since it was my birthday eve.
The cobbler turned ut very brown and crispy and tasted good even the next day!

I used a recipe similar to the one used here- Plum and grape cobbler
I changed a few things and made it healthier. My recipe-

I used Navadarshan aata.

My pic looks really bad I know, but Yashi started crying and I spent the least time in perfecting this. But it tasted really good :)

Ingredients-

For cobbler filling-
2 cups red and green grapes
1 large apple
1/2 cup strawberries
1 tsp wheat flour
1 tbsp honey

1 cup wheat flour
1 tsp sugar / honey
1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tbsp refined oil
1/4 cup milk (I used 1 tbsp cream)
I don't like the cream on top of milk and I reserve it for baking sometimes

Method-
Pulse all fruits in the food processor so that they are chopped, not totally mashed. Mix rest of the ingredients of the filling. Pour in a greased baking dish.


In the food processor, attach the dough mixing hook. Add all ingredients of the crust and mix till it forms a ball. On a floured pan, pat into a similar shape as your baking dish andplace the dough on top of the filling mix.

Microwave for 8 mins and bake at 180 degrees for another 10, or till top browns.

No comments:

Post a Comment